Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"I had it all planned out in my head, but I just can't bring myself to finish it."
"Maybe that's the problem. You have preconceived notions of how your story should be, so whatever you do isn't going to match your ideal story."
"Maybe."
"Come on Riley, this always happens. You have an idea for a story, you get half way through it and never finish it."
"Fuck you Mike, I'll eventually finish that novel. And that's not the point, It's just a short story this time. Maybe I should go back through it and write it in first person instead of third. I hate being that omnipotent, godlike being, who just narrates. First person is easier for the reader to relate to the story, like a first hand tale being told over coffee."
"Yeah. You've written fine in third person before though, Like that one about you driving a delivery out to that bar and then calling Anne."
"Jenny. Her name is Jenny, Mike. You fucking know that, you're me."
"Ha yeah. Lets go get a beer, I think there's one in the fridge."
"You know I can't do that man, I've made it four days. Fuck off."
"And today is the most you've ever talked to me, And yesterday had been the most as of yesterday. Hahaha You are getting lonely aren't you?"
"Yes."

No comments:

Post a Comment