Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Insomnia

language constantly fails me. I say this to myself in my mind, the only thing or place I know to be perfectly true, as I lay awake once more. It could be any night really, falling asleep has always been difficult for me. Every night that I try to sleep sober
I lay awake with a hundred different thoughts exploding in my head at once. I'm not certain if I think so much at night because it's something to do while waiting to sleep or if I can't sleep because I'm constantly thinking. Language constantly fails me. Everything I have ever penned has disappointed my mind's original concept, knowing that if there were a purer form of communication I'd have so much more to offer. Even though we both know the same words, for the most part, they still resonate differently for me than they do for you. If I have a thought, I must find the words to most accurately depict or describe it to you, tell you these words in a digestible manner, then you must take these and translate them with your mind, which works differently than my own. Language constantly fails me. Even as I am constructing this thought into a way you will hopefully understand, while I shift once more in bed trying to get comfortable, I know that I will fail once again. Language constantly fails me.

No comments:

Post a Comment