Sunday, January 22, 2012

Absinthe

A false sense of lucidity, I see myself floating from room to room. Each location contains a different spectrum of me. Keep asking to go to the bar in one, poking fun at a friend continuously in another, while completely silent in some. The Green Fairy holds my hand and walks with me back and forth. Her skin is porcelain white I've always admired while her eyes are like a rolling meadow off in a place you've never been to but still long for. Her vague ferocity warms my belly and numbs my face and senses. Off to bed with Her, but She wakes after I'm deep in slumber. Going through my things, my books, my phone, my clothes. All the while continuously glancing over to my immobile body, weary of me gaining consciousness. I never do, passively trusting that her body is next to me keeping me company and keeping me warm. Waking up, I'm left to deal with the pains and headache by myself. All that She's left me is the proof of her previous presence and a feeling of abandonment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment